CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Birthday thoughts...

Today is my 40th birthday, which seems like a big deal yet it seems so impossible and sounds so old.
It seems silly to make a big t0-do over your own birthday, or to secretly hope someone else will throw together a huge birthday bash. But its kind of sad to let it pass without a festive nod of some sort.
As a blogger it feels funny to draw attention to my birthday by writing about it, but it feels wrong to let it pass without mention. So for now, I am just going to acknowledge it and accept it. I guess this is the state of mind that I have been in for the last several weeks, because I have been dreading turning 40.
I guess this is reality and the fact that I am even publishing my age here on my blog shows great progress.
I think there is a couple of different things that have helped me in reaching this age. One being that I regualarly get told that I look about 10 years younger. I am amused by this, but I am definetely not complaining. :) Two is that I have so many wonderful people in my life. Whether it is family or friends or even complete strangers. They have helped me be who I am today and I love them for that.
I guess I don't have time to worry about silly things like getting older. There is a much bigger picture and I realize that they don't really matter in that big picture anymore.

I think I have figured out how to like and accept myself and that is exactly as I am. It doesn't really matter what age it is when that happens but it is going to be a beautiful one when it does.

So..... Happy Birthday to me! :)

4 comments:

Carly said...

happy happy birthday! and yes- you look even more than 10 years younger your real age :) i think you're awesome and hope you had a great day. thanks for being a great friend to me!

Bethie said...

I hope you weren't really secertly expecting a huge birthday bash!!!!
I hope the days was better then you had built it up. Age is just a number it isn't who you are!! Just remember that.

Hayward Family said...

YAY!! Happy Birthday! You are embracing your age and I love it! You don't look a day over 21.. Hope it's a good one! I can't make it to the birthday lunch, sorry.. :( I don't get lunch breaks!

Brittany said...

Oh Jacki you are so cute! Age is only a number! You are a great aunt and I love you for who you are, you are the best and I wouldn't be who I am today without you! I still have to give you your birthday present!!
Love you tons!!