CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Fathers Day..

We had a BBQ at my parents house for Fathers Day. We enjoyed some yummy food which consisted of shish-ka-bobs, chicken, baked potatoes and cake(thanks brit). We even had a lesson on how to do karate..but I will get to that later.

I think my dad is a pretty awesome guy and I wouldn't want any other. He has been through ALOT these past couple of years,including 3 heart surgeries, back surgery, and emergency brain surgery. The brain surgery has left him a little slower and not so active, although he does so much and he tries his very best at everything to make everyone happy. His mind just works a little slower and sometimes we need to help him instead of him always helping us. He loves to camp, fish, work non-stop in the yard and an amazing artist. He is someone that I can go to for anything and I really look up to him. Thanks dad for all that you
do..I LOVE you with all of my heart.
My dad has taught shotokan karate for many years. He quit teaching because he had to take care of my grandparents. To this day we still reminice about karate and that it would be great to start it back up. So on Fathers day my brother decided to get the kicking bag out and set it up outside. All of my nephews thought it would be cool to kick it. But my brother had other ideas and decided to teach them the RIGHT way. It was funny watching them learn, but it brought back alot of memories of my days in karate. I hope that karate will stay in the family somehow, whether it be by my brother or my nephews. I also think that my dad enjoyed watching Kim teach the boys because he has been wanting to do that for so long and hasn't been able to. I look forward to seeing my nephews learn karate a little more each day.

4 comments:

Carly said...

i'm loving all the updates lately. i wish we had an outdoor theatre here in cache valley like the scera- it sounds like so much fun. very sweet tribute to your dad. he sounds like an awesome guy.

Anonymous said...

Ya my cake was moist and yummy.. you terd!! Last time I am making something! Grandpa is so cute.. he needs to have more meat on him so i can pinch his cheek ha ha. That was a great day. Our dads rock!! Go Cordovas! I can still beat you up, you seen my karate moves and that was nothing! ok love ya
britt :)

Larry and Ashley said...

Your dad sounds like an amazing guy and I'm glad that you shared that! Your blog is very very cute! My sister in law just put this background in and I absolutely LOVE it!!!

ChelleStamps said...

You seem like you're really close to your dad. I am to mine too. He just had a heart attack last year. Scared the living daylights out of me. But, I appreciate any time I get to spend with him a lot more now.